- The DPS-500A redundant power supply (RPS) is designed to conform to the wattage requirements of D-Link’s Ethernet and Gigabit switches.
- They are external RPS units enclosed in solid metal cases with sockets to AC or DC power sources on one end and connect to a switch’s internal power supply on the other end.
- They provide a low-cost, simple solution to the problem of an inadvertent failure of the internal power-supply of an Ethernet switch, which can result in the shutdown of that switch, the devices attached to its ports, or an entire network.
- Supporting full output power for the switch, this redundant power supply can maximize the power availability of the switching device.
- Can be installed as stand-alone power supply units or mounted in 19-inch multi-slot chassis.
- Hot-swappable when installed in chassis.
- Up to 140 watts output power.
- Provide backup power for switch’s built-in power supply.